The Columbia Gorge Express is a great new option for getting to the Gorge. But for some, it’s more than just an option—it’s a chance to experience some of the area’s greatest natural wonders that they previously could not access.
Over the first few weeks of service, we’ve heard stories from many people who say the Express has made a trip the Gorge possible, in some cases for the first time! People who don’t have access to a car or are unable to drive now have an affordable, easy way to access Multnomah Falls and Rooster Rock State Park. Cyclists who love biking in the Gorge but not the long incline from the Portland metro area can now hitch a ride and save their legs, opening up many more miles of opportunity.
Here are some of the testimonials we’ve heard:
- “I don't have a car so I can never get to my favorite place in the world… now you make it possible for me to go visit as often as I want to.”
- “This way, I can ride to Multnomah Falls and not have to ride back up the hill. YES!”
- “The Express is freedom to go hiking on my own.”
- “I think this is awesome, especially for those who don’t drive or have a car! Equality of access!”
- “Being in a power chair and on a fixed income it had been 15 years since I had been to the Falls and you all made me feel like a VIP.”
We’re committed to providing a safe, convenient and enjoyable experience for anyone who rides the Columbia Gorge Express. The buses are wheelchair accessible and can each transport three bikes. Service animals are allowed on board (but no other pets, please). For more information on accessibility and how to ride, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Share your Gorge Express story with us! Email email@example.com or tag us on social media, #GorgeExpress